Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Adventures with Edward: Edward makes a Christmas wish

Setting: tiny alcove with a Christmas tree

Edward, stands next to his Christmas tree in his new Christmas coat. It's a little roomy.


"Merry Christmas!" I say to Edward.

"Yeah yeah" he says. "I suppose I need to give you a present. Here."


"It's a bauble. I found it in a box with other baubles. In fact, there was one just like it in there."

"Um, thanks, Edward...you shouldn't have..."

"Yeah it was nothing. Oh, and I got you this too-"


"Ooh! Thanks Edward! Let me open it up and see what's inside!"



"Awesome, Edward! It's stitch markers for knitting and they're all Twilight related!"**

"Yep. Sigh." Edward stares at the ground. And not just because it's all his head can do.

"Umm, Edward, I can't help but notice you are lackluster today. What's wrong?" I ask.

"Well, it's just that I know I won't get my Christmas wish," says Edward

"Then I think it's time I give you your gift, Edward," I say.



"Go on! Open it!" I urge.

Edward pulls out a box cutter. It dawns on him what this is intended for. His eyes sparkle.


I pull Bella's box down and begin to cut it open.

"Don't slice her!" Edward warns.


I roll my eyes.


Suddenly, the plasticky smell of cooped up dolls wafts out. I pull back the plastic and draw Bella Doll out. She doesn't stand up so well, so I prop her up next to the wall.




"What about Edward with the sunglasses?" Edward asks Bella.

Bella shrugs. "I was just ready to get out of the box. And besides, Sunglasses Edward can't take off his glasses. I can look at your eyes."

Edward sighs contentedly.


Sometimes, Christmas wishes do come true.

Merry Christmas from Edward to you!

**And a very special thanks to my sweet cousin who sent me the stitch holders! I love them!!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

W O W! Everytime you amaze me with these Edward Adventures!!!! Love love love it!!

Oh I was in Walgreens yesterday and they have (for $14.99) Twilight dolls! All they had was Jacob and Alice. I soooo about bought them... I may go back after New Year's if they're there I'll get them, maybe. Like I need them. Maybe I'll create a Jacob Adventure with Jacob and Bella. hahaa! Or Alice, since ya know, Alice and Jake are BFF's! hahaha!

Kearsie said...

hahaahaha!

One of my favorite lines from New Moon:

Jacob to Alice: Don't make me mad or you'll be sorry! (said in super nasally voice)

haahahahah oh man, still laughing.

Also, maybe I should head to Walgreens...

Shauna said...

I'm so glad that Edward's Christmas wish was granted!

Merry Christmas!

Insanitykim said...

I almost cried...Merry Christmas Ed! I hope Jacob doesn't show up and RUIN IT ALL! (actually, I hope he does, heh heh)

Your cousin said...

Yay! You got them before xmas!

Vanessa said...

Hilarious... and also quite heartwarming.

w said...

wow. he wished for bella? i'm surprised he didn't wish for jacob's bazillion abs.

merry christmas.

robin said...

can my edward have one of those santa suits? i'm so glad you didn't cut yourself! edward sounded nervous!

Anonymous said...

You are sooooo funnnnyyyyy! I love reading Adventures with Edward now more than I ever loved reading fun with Dick and Jane! (except the one where the kitten got stabbed with mother's knitting needles for messing with her yarn) I can't wait to read the next installment, like maybe when Edward takes his Christmas tree to the trash/recycle bin or when Bella gets a matching Santa coat...who knows what adventures await E & B?

Related Posts with Thumbnails