Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Adventures with Edward: Edward plays charades

Setting: Desk of the human



Edward, bored out of his plastic mind, crawls out of my handbag. He tells me he wants to play a game. I suggest charades with movie titles. Edward rubs his hands in excitement and quickly adjusts his scarf. He begins the first clue.



“Um”, I say. “Umm…Wait! Is it Saving Private Ryan?”

Edward says yes. He is surprised I got it so quickly. He thinks of another clue.



“Wow, a toughie.” I scratch my head. “Ooh! Is it So I Married An Axe Murderer?”

Edward nods yes. He is impressed with my skillz.

He stops a moment, thinking of a really hard one.



Hmmm…I’m going to guess Three Weddings and a Funeral.”

Edward huffs in impatience. He turns over and poses again.



“Ooh ooh! Um, is it Finding Nemo?”

“Dang!” Edward says. He grabs a prop for the next one.



“Duh,” I say. “Ghost.” I roll my eyes.

Edward removes his prop. He thinks hard. He takes his scarf off and poses again.




“Wow. This one is hard. Is it The Fifth Element?”

Edward shakes his head no.

“Hmm, then how about Interview with a Vampire?”

Edward says no again.

“Geez. Ok how about Wolverine?”

Edward just chuckles. I take that as a no.

“Dang. I give up. What’s the answer?”

Twilight,” says Edward. He winds his scarf around his neck and struts back to my bag.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails